Thread: Hunt 2.5 - Some Deeper targets, silver coin, silver rings and more

Threaded View

Hunt 2.5 - Some Deeper targets, silver coin, silver rings and more

I thought to post things here first, then the other forum ;-)

What can I say, wow, what a fun day - 5.5 hours. In two days with the E-Trac I have found my deepest finds, by far. I had like 4 targets at 7 today. My deepest target was a locket like thing at 9 or so. Had my best day for coins ever. Not including clad I had 26 coins from 1875 (Silver DMark) with most of them being from 1950 to 1990. Sorry, clad here to me is the Euro cent. Most of these coins were 4 - 5 or so deep and hit very well. Regarding digging really deep coins - I get the feeling when I dig soil that drains better and is more conductive to halos or the like, that I'll get even better depth as this place is muddy at times. The detector chose channel 9 btw.

I also found my first American coin ever! A 1995 Penny in Nürnberg Germany, LOL.

I ran a mixture of Auto and Manual. When things got really trashy I ran Auto. When Auto was around 25 or above I often ran manual at 30 with good results. The falses weren't a problem for me. A nice advantage to having used a T2 for years! I dug one piece of iron and was pretty sure it was iron but just wanted to check and then the silver ring thinking it might be iron as it was bouncy but mostly in the upper part of the screen. I was pretty shocked that it was a ring though. Definitely the best target I have dug with regards to breaking sound and TID. Forgot to check for iron in the whole after though.

I am really surprised by the weight of the E-Trac. I thought it would be more than my V3i but I weighed them both with batteries and the E-Trac was .8 pounds lighter. I hunted 5.5 hours and my back feels pretty good. I hunt with the coil just in front of my feet and it feels quite light there.

I found the VDI target accuracy to be absolutely excellent. Certain targets were a bit jumpy at times, but most of the targets had iron around. I am really hooked on the sounds now. I quite liked how silver rang out and for the last hour of my hunt I was just listening for that high tone and passing other coins up.

Thx for reading, now watch the video and check out the pics ,
    EMS

edit - Video upload failed. That happens with Youtube when you cancel an upload (like I did) and then re-upload. I'll try it again later...
    Attached Images Attached Images