Thread: The hunt for a new place

The hunt for a new place

Hello Friends. This morning went to hunt, searching for coins of the Mongols (Golden Horde)
    In place of the search found the remains of the house. I think people have lived there 1850 - 1920 years ... but now there's nothing there, just a lot of garbage in the ground ...
    I was looking for Mongolian coins, but only finds the coin and the Soviet Russian Tsar Nicholas 2 ...
    In the evening I was lucky and I found a coin ... But this is suspicious ... This is not the golden horde
    I see the language (the letter) is similar to Turkey ...
    Coin Silver,,, (I have helped in identifying friends from our site - Ukraine) In the photo, I made ​​a mistake in the date 8/ ...
    This coin is the Ottoman Empire. Mint amide (Turkey). The ruler, Sultan Ahmed 1st. Minted during his reign, the year 1603 -1617

At the last count - my new dog .. I bought it on the market for 50 cents )))) He is good, but a lot of barking and indulge ... )))

Attached Images Attached Images         

Re: The hunt for a new place

Incredible finds, Serge! Good to see a post from you. It looks like you are having some success! That ancient silver coin is fascinating! Congrats on the wonderful finds! thumbsup01
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=9324.msg105109#msg105109 date=1332349085
    Incredible finds, Serge! Good to see a post from you. It looks like you are having some success! That ancient silver coin is fascinating! Congrats on the wonderful finds! thumbsup01

Thank you Tony
    I'm glad
    Coin super

Looks like a good buy for .50, probably got yourself a friend for life. That ancient silver coin if fantastic. Nice to have you posting again. I guess the freeze is over over there.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congratulations on all your nice finds Serega and especially the silver Ottoman coin . Congratulations also on your best find , the new Dog , he looks both smart and handsome .
    Did you give him a name yet ? If your having trouble picking a name here's a few suggestions Nikolai , Rasputin or even Joe ?

hey Serega , its nice to see you post again . congrats on the coins especially the early Turkish one , very cute puppy-dog |

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thats all I can say! Awesome. Love the dog! |
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Wow!! What a great find!! Beautiful Puppy!! Nice silver coin! Happy Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbooty link=topic=9324.msg105117#msg105117 date=1332353764
    Congratulations on all your nice finds Serega and especially the silver Ottoman coin . Congratulations also on your best find , the new Dog , he looks both smart and handsome .
    Did you give him a name yet ? If your having trouble picking a name here's a few suggestions Nikolai , Rasputin or even Joe ?
    His name Gosha

Nice coins. Also a cute looking dog.I believe that a dog could be taught to sniff for coins. They have them sniffing Pot, Drugs,Gunpowder and whatever else. Why don't you try to teach him to sniff coins.Dogs noses are hundreds of times more sensitive than humans. After you do it and he starts finding coins, just remember that I suggested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L link=topic=9324.msg105159#msg105159 date=1332377493
    Nice coins. Also a cute looking dog.I believe that a dog could be taught to sniff for coins. They have them sniffing Pot, Drugs,Gunpowder and whatever else. Why don't you try to teach him to sniff coins.Dogs noses are hundreds of times more sensitive than humans. After you do it and he starts finding coins, just remember that I suggested it.

A good idea thumbsup01
    But I think after that the dog will steal my coins ))) <}

Cute pup! And nice coin finds. I like the old Russian coins and that silver one is great. Good hunting!

GL/HH
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Great finds, simply amazing!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Great finds the coin is interesting. | And congrats on your new friend.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Russia is a metal detectorists paradise. There is so much open space with history to explore.

Nice picture of the squirrel! Is it domestic or did you wrest it from the wild?
    "It was mad pheromone love over a little full moon entombed, and the people found it hard to understand until they saw for themselves the light pouring forth from a hole in the ground exposing a lonely turned ecstatic murky dime ......." please see me at http://www.youtube.com/user/plehbah

! Some awesome finds! Nice to hear from you again!! Good photo of your new dog! ARF!!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm