Thread: A few Greek coins (Black Sea)

A few Greek coins (Black Sea)

Hi friends.
    Cold does not go away, but at least there is no ice ...
    I went to Sobral and Souter on the beach .. I started hunting.
    Already after 20 minutes of hunting my hands were blue - from the cold and the fingers do not move.
    I quickly gathered from the shores cane, wood, plastic bottles and made ​​a good fire ...
    I obogel hands and decided to go to another place on the beach - hidden from the wind.
    Hunting would not be a long 4-5 hours, but there is some result. It is unfortunate that the coins damaged water, but it does not upset me. In the photo number 1 coin is very rare and has a value in any state ... Coin number two is simple - but not often ..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: A few Greek coins (Black Sea)

Number 1 is extremely rare coin drachma-Tyre (4th century BC) The city of Tyre. (The modern town of Ackerman) face of the Greek goddess Diametira.
    Number 2 obol coin - shooting galleries. The city of Tyre (Modern Ackerman) A person of the ruler of the city (name unknown) is not common coin of 4th century BC
    Coin number three wheel Istria 380 BC. Very often the coin - many of them (city of Istria)

1 bull
    2 heads HORSE
    3 INSCRIPTION three first letters of the city (IST)

The star of the cap (Red Army soldier) 1930-1940

Amazing finds, Serega! |)

Thank you for the thorough explanations of the ancient coins, it really helps a lot. I find such coins fascinating, but I don't know much about them, we don't have such treasures here in the States.

I'm happy that you are having successful hunts, but don't get frostbite out there! BRRRRRR!

Congrats on the incredible finds! <:
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

WOW, super envious of your finds
    Hello Wisconsin!

you got some great finds there hopefully your weather gets warmer dennis

Great stuff Serega . I really enjoy your posts . Your sketches are very effective in helping to find the engraving on the coins , that is the first time I have seen anyone take the time to do that , thanks , a great idea . |

Amazing assortment of coins! Congrats!
    Metal Detector: Teknetics Omega 8000

All I can say is WOW! Congrats on your hunt and hope you keep finding coins like that.
    Etrac,Garrett Pro Pointer,Sunray x-5 Coil.

Serega, that was a very informative post, thanks. As Tony stated earlier we don't have the wonderful history over here that you manage to dig up. Congrats on the rare N1. How soon before you start to get some warm weather over there?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=9400.msg105970#msg105970 date=1332852880
    Serega, that was a very informative post, thanks. As Tony stated earlier we don't have the wonderful history over here that you manage to dig up. Congrats on the rare N1. How soon before you start to get some warm weather over there?
    I wait 20 - 30 day |) ( + 20 с + 25 с )
    in june jule + 40 с |

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo S

From the land of the Bluenose.....wowzer there is some history in those finds. Cudos me bouy! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Those are some very nice finds, congrats on some nice hunts. |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

! Congrats on some unique finds! Nice to hear you're still swingin the T2! WTG!!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm