Thread: Back to the old school

Back to the old school

Got out today for about a three hour hunt at the old school. Found $12.66 in clad. One wheat, 58-D. An aluminum Good Luck token. And to save the day a 1957-D Rosie. That makes silver #20 out of this site. The strangest find though was this thing with a chain attached. I have NO idea. I am going to post it on the what is it page also. Its about the size of a quarter. Appears to be made of copper. Its 1/4 inch thick, and heavy. I do not know if it opens or not. Kinda seems like it has a seam around it but not sure. I don't want to pry on it till I kinda get an idea what it is. Because of the thing sticking out the top, I thought at first a small watch. But I think its too heavy for that. It weighs 19.7 grams. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Re: Back to the old school

Nice pile of clad. on another silver for the jar. I am pretty sure that the round copper item with the chain has a gold coin in it..... rofl or maybe a Barber quarter. Glad you got out to do some hunting.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

nice finds cody it will be interesting to find out what that other piece is them are the kinda finds that make this hooby so cool again congrats on your hunt and one more for the jar dennis

The case looks like a snuff tin, but the chain seems out of place and odd sized. I'll do some research. If anything shows up I'll post it here.

HH
    Keeping my community clean...one pull tab at a time.
    White's MX3; MineLab 305; Garrett ProPointer; Killer B's; Lesche and Fiskars Tools

Two items showed up the first [url=http://www.ioffer.com/i/tibet-handwork-auspicious-amulet-snuff-bottle-512364908]http://www.ioffer.com/i/tibet-handwork-auspicious-amulet-snuff-bottle-51236490/url] shows an item slightly larger than yours. The second http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Bras...item1c28be66ff gives you an idea of how small they were made. Definitely not a definitive answer, but something for you to think about and maybe do some further research on.

GL & HH
    Keeping my community clean...one pull tab at a time.
    White's MX3; MineLab 305; Garrett ProPointer; Killer B's; Lesche and Fiskars Tools

As always... great digs Cody.
    No answers here, but looking forward to a positive ID. :->