Thread: Washington Quarter

Washington Quarter

Had an interesting hunt this morning. See if any of you F-75 or T2 users have ever had this happen to you. About 2:00 AM I decided to take my 30 min lunch break. Went to my favorite spot. I use a Fisher F-75 SE. Got it out, turned it on, GB using the fast grab, and started swinging. After about 20 minutes I thought to myself, this is about the cleanest ground I have ever hunted. Was only getting a slight chirp now and then. So I took a clad quarter out of my pocket and threw it on the ground. Swung the coil over it and guess what? That’s right, “Nothing”. No matter how I sung it, no response. So I threw a clad dime down, same thing. Nothing. I turned the machine off. Pushed the toggle forward, held the menu button down at the same time and turned it on. This resets it to factory default settings. Then I set Sen to 80. Disc. To 65. Only had about 10 minutes left and didn’t want to dig pennies or trash. GB’s using fast grab. Air tested it. It was ringing true. I turned around and back tracked the same way I had come. Found the metal 45 record insert first, then the 1935 Washington, then some clad. Makes me wonder about the places I have hunted and didn’t find anything. Makes me wonder if the machine was even working. Lesson learned. I will always test it with some coins before I start swinging. This makes Silver #23 out of this little spot.[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5]
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Re: Washington Quarter

Nice digs! I've hunted a few times for a while before I realized the coil wasn't plugged into the box. 8/
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Nice that you got it fixed and scored a silver. I previously had a Prizm IV and I was using a vibraprobe as a pinpointer with it. I had to shut the detector off because the pinpointer made for some interference with the detector. I remember walking about 1/4 mile in a corn filed before I realized that I had not turned the detector back on. 8/
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Whenever my ATpro gets all jingo jango... i just replaced the batteries, nice quarter!
    Hello Wisconsin!

Nice score on the silver GW thumbsup01

congrats on your silver dont feel bad cody i use a e trac and i have the probe on it also once in a while i forget to flip the switch back to the detector and will hunt with the probe on for ten minutes before i figure it out done that more times than i would like to remember dennis

Way to save the hunt Cody! A quarter makes for a successful hunt.

Strange about your machine.

Not sure on the machine, but silver quarters are always a welcome sight!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Congrats on the silver Cody, WTG |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I've hunted and noticed, man, not a signal in a really long time....only to notice my batteries had died

Strange things happen.

I've hunted with my machine turned off more than once. Great finds that quarter is well worn. Congrats and HH
    XP Deus, Sovereign Elite, Pro Pointer and a Lesche Digger. 2014 Totals Silver coins 8, Silver rings 4, Gold 0, Clad about 10 pounds worth.