Thread: Awesome, Thanksgiving morning hunt.

Awesome, Thanksgiving morning hunt.

Got out early on Thanksgiving morning. I hit the courthouse lawn,digging a ton of clad. Got tired of digging clad and started to focus on 5 or deeper hits. Found a sweet merc at 7 and then an IH'at10. All the oldies were deep. About an hour or so later hit another deep Merc. and a Buff. I was working around an old oak got a hard hit ,thought I had another deep dime but at about the 10 mark popped out a nice barber qrt. Silver ring ended my morning. About 5 hours of good hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Re: Awesome, Thanksgiving morning hunt.

SWEET! A barber quarter is pretty high on my wish list. Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

That's some sweet hunting. on all your keepers, especially the Barber.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

A barber quarter! wow. And thats a chunk of a ring! nice! | Did you ask for the courthouse or is that fair public game?
    Hello Wisconsin!

Awesome. Yep, a Barber quarter is at the top of my wish list also. Congrats on a great hunt.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Quote Originally Posted by dalewestaby link=topic=11948.msg128632#msg128632 date=1354048439
    A barber quarter! wow. And thats a chunk of a ring! nice! | Did you ask for the courthouse or is that fair public game?
    Thanks for the commits.
    No I didn't ask, I just went at it. I also found a 10k gold filled ring,forgot to upload the pic.
    HH

Super hunt and great job at concentrating on the deeper signals
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

nice barber and good hunt,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Oh yeah!!! Definitely five good hours of hunting. I'd love a day like that.

A big congrats on the silver, especially the Barber Q. She has lots of nice detail.

Quote Originally Posted by docbars link=topic=11948.msg128642#msg128642 date=1354056972
    No I didn't ask, I just went at it.
    I've been working on a courthouse in a neighboring state for a little while now. Just got the call
    this afternoon that the vote from the County Board didn't go our way. crying01 Win some - loose some.

Awesome hunt, indeed! Fantastic results for a five hour hunt! That Barber Quarter is gorgeous!

I often ignore the shallow signals and concentrate on deeper signals too, depending on the situation. If all of the shallow signals are modern coins then I start ignoring them. A person could waste all of their time digging the modern stuff and miss out on the older targets.

Congrats on the terrific day!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=11948.msg128949#msg128949 date=1354457565
    Awesome hunt, indeed! Fantastic results for a five hour hunt! That Barber Quarter is gorgeous!

I often ignore the shallow signals and concentrate on deeper signals too, depending on the situation. If all of the shallow signals are modern coins then I start ignoring them. A person could waste all of their time digging the modern stuff and miss out on the older targets.

Congrats on the terrific day!
    Tony I dug clad for a good while to make sure how everything was laying in the ground. Then I went after the deeper targets. They have a firemans festival there every year and the whole county shows up lol Lots of lose change laying everywhere. I hoping to get another hunt in before winter freeze sets in. HH

I like the ring and the barber quarter is in great shape