Thread: Belt Buckle Questions

Belt Buckle Questions

I guess I know what it is, just have a few questions about it. I found this in a farm field last year- It's pretty heavy and the back seems to have a bigger hook type thing-do you think it's homemade one and can anyone figure out what the front has on it? Thanks Donna
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Belt Buckle Questions

Looks like Co F to me. Great find. Hope you learn more. Please post if you do.

Thanks

hello Donna , it definately not home-made and although i can't find the exact name i'm pretty sure its to some fraternal organization and believe it reads C F O. maybe for
    Catholic Fraternal Order (just an example) or along those lines , it could be for something very local to your state or area. there were big organizations before and after the Civil War but they really got popular and large after the war. i suspect your buckle falls into an age bracket from the late 1800's to about the 1920's.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks Tennessee, and Thank you Dan for the info, it was just kind of an odd one cause most of the other ones have a small hook that hook into the belt buckle and this one was kinda fat that it must of hooked on the the ring of the belt or something. Thanks again Donna