Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Cypress, TX

Hello from Cypress, TX

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board and just returning to MDing after a long hiatus. Retired for three years and looking for something to keep me busy besides archery and photography and volunteerism. I live in Cypress, TX which is northwest of downtown Houston. I enjoy working old ranches, parks and the beach. ::
    "People come into your life for one of two reasons; they are either a Lesson or a Blessing." (Unknown)

Re: Hello from Cypress, TX

Hey Heaterguy, welcome aboard from western MA. Sounds like you have good sites to hunt. One ranch alone can probably keep you busy for a while. Do you ever find any Spanish reales on them beaches??
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Haven't had a chance to work the shoreline yet but it's possible they are there. You from the Pittsfield area?

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=13547.msg143260#msg143260 date=1371316543
    Hey Heaterguy, welcome aboard from western MA. Sounds like you have good sites to hunt. One ranch alone can probably keep you busy for a while. Do you ever find any Spanish reales on them beaches??
    "People come into your life for one of two reasons; they are either a Lesson or a Blessing." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by heaterguy link=topic=13547.msg143264#msg143264 date=1371320899
    Haven't had a chance to work the shoreline yet but it's possible they are there. You from the Pittsfield area?
    I'm more south. Nearest big city is Springfield, MA
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Been to that area many times. Grew up in New Haven.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=13547.msg143265#msg143265 date=1371323524
    I'm more south. Nearest big city is Springfield, MA

Hello and welcome to the forum Heaterguy , i envy you all down in the south that can detect all year round What machine of choice do you use to sweep them parks in Texas hope to see you post some great finds soon and glad you joined.

Dan from Ct.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hello Dan. I use a Garrett AT Pro. I love the seasons here in Houston, summer and the other day. What part of Ct are you located? I grew up in New Haven.

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13547.msg143268#msg143268 date=1371325442
    Hello and welcome to the forum Heaterguy , i envy you all down in the south that can detect all year round What machine of choice do you use to sweep them parks in Texas hope to see you post some great finds soon and glad you joined.

Dan from Ct.

Quote Originally Posted by heaterguy link=topic=13547.msg143269#msg143269 date=1371325606
    Hello Dan. I use a Garrett AT Pro. I love the seasons here in Houston, summer and the other day. What part of Ct are you located? I grew up in New Haven.
    Enfield is in the top central part of the state , just south Springfield Mass. Been to New Haven a few times another nice town with a lot of history .

Welcome fellow nutmegger. I grew up in Norwalk, but live in the opposite end of CT. Have you gotten used to the heat down there? I guess it's a trade off...we had many feet of snow this year I hope you enjoy our little corner of the web.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

I'm very familiar with Enfield. A beautiful part of Ct. Good tobacco leaves there.

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13547.msg143270#msg143270 date=1371328935
    Enfield is in the top central part of the state , just south Springfield Mass. Been to New Haven a few times another nice town with a lot of history .

Hello OxshoeDrew. I've been living down south since 1981. I love the heat. Nothing down here to shovel unless I want to do so or I'm metal detecting.

I do miss the softer ground for MD'ing. This time of the year down here it's tough to get a tool into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=13547.msg143272#msg143272 date=1371334265
    Welcome fellow nutmegger. I grew up in Norwalk, but live in the opposite end of CT. Have you gotten used to the heat down there? I guess it's a trade off...we had many feet of snow this year I hope you enjoy our little corner of the web.

Quote Originally Posted by heaterguy link=topic=13547.msg143302#msg143302 date=1371348245
    I'm very familiar with Enfield. A beautiful part of Ct. Good tobacco leaves there.
    oh yes ,they command a premium too , they just planted the shade tobacco this past week .

Hello and welcome to the forum from Kentucky (where there are also lots of tobacco plants)

Glad you found us here!

Angie
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

You get what you pay for Dan. Good Connecticut broadleaf still is the best jacket for a cigar. ::

Hello there Epi-Hunter. You are right about Kentucky Tobacco but that stuff is for cigarettes. Ct. Tobacco is used primarily for cigars. Are you in coal country?

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13547.msg143308#msg143308 date=1371349351
    Hello and welcome to the forum from Kentucky (where there are also lots of tobacco plants)

Glad you found us here!

Angie

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you with us.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by heaterguy link=topic=13547.msg143310#msg143310 date=1371349488
    Hello there Epi-Hunter. You are right about Kentucky Tobacco but that stuff is for cigarettes. Ct. Tobacco is used primarily for cigars. Are you in coal country?
    Tobacco is tobacco to me lol

I don't know if I'm in coal country. I don't think so. I'm in the Lexington area. I haven't lived here all that long - born and raised and spent most of my adult life in Iowa.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome, Heaterguy! Glad you decided to join our forum!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Glad to be here Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=13547.msg143346#msg143346 date=1371384811
    Welcome, Heaterguy! Glad you decided to join our forum!

Welcome from Las Vegas.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.