Thread: Not my best day MD'ing but...

Not my best day MD'ing but...

Probably my craziest. Went back to the campus area over my lunch hour for a quick hunt and found 2 Washingtons, a nice little ring and a big sterling pin, but the find of the day was a hole full of clad! I don't know if you could even call this a pocket spill because there is no way it could ever fit in a pocket. I dug a signal about a foot from the curb and as I was cutting the plug I thought I was hitting gravel until I flipped the plug over, the hole was literally full of coins all of the coins were between 4 - 9deep. I wish I could have taken a picture of the hole but I had left my phone in the car. In a hole no more than 9 inches across I found 4.98 in clad! I'm still wondering how that many coin could have ended up in such a concentrated area. All in all it is probably one of my strangest finds ever, it had to be zy for me to get more excited about that than the fact that I dug 4 silvers in less than an hour
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Tesoro Silver Umax / Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest silver / 1877cc Seated Quarter... Oldest coin 1866 Fatty IH

Re: Not my best day MD'ing but...

That had to be fun finding all that clad in one hole, bet you were dreaming it was about 150 years older!! 2 Silver Washes is SUPER!!!
    YTD hours hunted 159
    Silver coins 38
    Indian cents 59
    Wheats 292
    Buff's nickels 2
    "V" nickels 6
    Sheild Nickels 0

that was a very good lunch hour hunt and nice to get some silver too,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH link=topic=13467.msg142517#msg142517 date=1370433046
    That had to be fun finding all that clad in one hole, bet you were dreaming it was about 150 years older!! 2 Silver Washes is SUPER!!!
    Yes, even 60 years older would have been awesome. lol lol Two Washingtons is pretty cool, silver quarters are far and few between for me.

Elite Member

That's a lot of clad in a hole...I found one like that ....once.......it all adds up though

Nice silver finds too thumbsup01
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

that many coins in one location would be consided a cache , any money or valuables purposely placed or hidden away. Congrats on your fist cache Ed and also on the silver s too.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That's probably the most coins found in a lunch hour hunt ever!

And two silver quarters for icing on the cake! |

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13467.msg142532#msg142532 date=1370456528
    that many coins in one location would be consided a cache , any money or valuables purposely placed or hidden away. Congrats on your fist cache Ed and also on the silver s too.

Dan
    The odd thing about this cache was its location, it was in a curb strip no more than a foot from the street curb.

I wish all clad was in one hole, that way you don't have to dig 50 holes lol Nice hunt. We never turn away silver
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

congrats on the 4 silvers! and that coin stash...wow! strange indeed. i found 25 wheats in the same hole last summer , in a curb strip next to the sidewalk. if we only knew the stories of how these coin stashes came to be there huh? congrats and HH!!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo E

From the land of the Bluenose.....
    nice scoffs on the silver and quota too boot. Doesn't get much better. may the streak continue! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Re: yo E

Quote Originally Posted by leslie(nova scotia) link=topic=13467.msg143413#msg143413 date=1371473926
    From the land of the Bluenose.....
    nice scoffs on the silver and quota too boot. Doesn't get much better. may the streak continue! <
    Thanks, in amongst the coins was a Canadian quarter, I've dug a number Canadian pennies and a few dimes but this was a first for me <
    Attached Images Attached Images  

thats quite a find it was some kids stash ill bet was more than likely in a small bag congrats on your finds dennis | |