Thread: best day with the ctx

best day with the ctx

I went to a local park that has been hunted and hunted almost every day > and found a house that was fenced off that was being remodeled so I stopped and asked the work foreman if I could hunt around the house and was given the go ahead they had taken off approx. 6 of top soil so I started searching next to the house and worked my way out right at the outset I found a nickel and some clad then as I moved away from the house I found some wheat pennies dates on the wheat pennies were 1944,1945,1945D,1946D, which gave me hope then I found a merc, 1941, some more wheats and another merc , 1944, as I moved around to the side I had a solid 46 hit at 2 so I dug it out carefully and almost fell over looking up at me was a Standing Liberty Quarter my first , the SLQ was in bad shape I couldn't get a date off it but I think it has an S for a mint mark, needless to say I was working that area to death LOL I also found a Colorado tax token pretty hammered so I couldn't get a better picture, and I found the front part of an old toy car sure wish it was whole LOL to end the hunt I found an old belt buckle , thanks for looking I know this isn't much for some of you pros out there but it's great for me LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

Re: best day with the ctx

Sounds like a great opportunity that you were fortunate to get. Just think how deep those coins really were if you add the 6 in and scatter a lot of shallow trash around it. Now we know why these coins are still there. I always love to find sites like that.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Just awesome Sarge! Good for you for noticing your surroundings. Congratulations on a fantastic hunt buddy. Sorry I have been MIA this fall. Looking forward to getting together for a hunt.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

yeah it was fun and looking forward to future hunts when you're ready this machine really sniffs out the targets in trash and iron
    thanks
    sarge
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

on your 1st SLQ. Nice that the foreman let you hunt. Seems to me that the house was definately from the 40's.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album