Thread: New Monthly Award Idea

New Monthly Award Idea

Here's an idea for a new monthly award category - there are currently &quotest of awards in the coin, jewelry, and relic categories. How about a &quotiggest Heartbreak award? I think we all know the heart racing, stomach churning joy and heartbreak of the following:

• [li]The Nitro Find - as in pass the nitroglycerin tablets please, I'm having a heart attack. These are the finds that for a brief moment have you thinking you have found a something amazing, but turn out to be duds. As an example, I once found a gold colored coin at the bottom of a plug. It was a gold plated state quarter. >{

[/li]

[li]The So Good Yet So Bad Find - you finally find something old, rare, and amazing but it has been atypically ruined. Like coins that have been shot or have been through fires, rings that are horribly mangled or are missing large stones, etc.

[/li]

[li]The &quotid I Really Just Scratch That Find - you dig countless clad coins without dinging one of them, but then you find a pristine large cent and gouge it with your digger.

[/li]

I'm sure there's many other examples. There's lots of funny, painful, and sometimes not so funny moments in this hobby. For me at least it's fun to share them here with folks who will understand the experience.

On second thought this probably wouldn't be a very fair award since I think I would win every month. lol
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: New Monthly Award Idea

Too funny lol Don't forget the I thought I had permission, but found out later I didn't Or how about pictures of the busybody that snoops while you are detecting, and calls the cops every time
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Or how about the guy who approaches you while you're detecting and says, You'll never find anything here. I've hunted this place out! And then ten minutes after he leaves you find a walking liberty half. This happened to me last year.

Yep, there should be an award for that one too! lol
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=14591.msg152983#msg152983 date=1383575500
    Or how about the guy who approaches you while you're detecting and says, You'll never find anything here. I've hunted this place out! And then ten minutes after he leaves you find a walking liberty half. This happened to me last year.

Yep, there should be an award for that one too! lol
    And Tony, don't forget the 2 guys were here and hunted this place pretty good and then the FIRST signal you get is a Walking Liberty Half! I'm still mad at you too.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

One of my all-time favorites is Your Not Doing That Right verreaction:
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3