Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Minnesota

Smile Hello From Minnesota

Hello-

I have been detecting for about 2 years now and am completely hooked. Just found this site and am always looking for others to talk about my hobby. I live in Minnesota and the detecting season is about wrapped up as the ground has started to freeze. The countdown to spring has started.

Thanks

Greg

Hey Greg, Welcome aboard from western MA. We are getting rain instead of snow here, but the writing is on the wall. The season is coming to a close Time to do some research and dream about next year Glad you found us and hope to see some of your treasures from your first 2 years of hunting.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Here's another welcome from western MA. Looking forward to your finds. As stated before, rain here but the "S" word is coming.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome from Michigan Greg!
    What sort of hunting do you do mostly?

The ground here flash froze, and at the moment you'd need a cordless drill and some C-4 to dig a hole. Hopefully it will thaw enough next week for me to get at least one more detecting fix before packing it in for the season.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Hello Greg and welcome to a really cool forum for a really really cool hobby. I am brand new to both! My name is Kasey and I live in Georgia. I am so totally hooked on MDing and cannot wait for my next hunt. It rained here yesterday and while it isn't raining now, the wind is blowing ferociously, so hunting today isn't looking so swell. I have heard that it is going to be a cold winter for us here in GA, which ordinarily I wouldn't care. But now that I have a good, fun reason to be out there, I'm not looking forward to the cold. I'm sure you aren't one for me to be complaining about the cold to; Minnesota is COLD!
    Hope you get to get out at least a few more times.
    HH,
    Kasey

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Always nice to have new blood on a forum. Welcome aboard.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Hello Greg and welcome to American Detectorist , yes the cold is knocking at our door here in New England . as Coinnut said winter is a good time to read up on the forum , do research and clean finds and make displays .glad you joined Greg and hope to see some of your most recent finds.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hello and weclome the Pacific Northwest. Digging in winter here is not too bad. We have thousands of micro-climates in the northwest but right here we usually only have snow and frozen ground for a few weeks, the rest of the time it's a cold windy rain. Post some pics of your good finds!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Veteran Member
    Greg welcome from Long Island. Still not that cold here but it is approaching quickly. Hope to get out on a few more hunts before the S shows up. Stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Welcome from Northern Illinois. As I told Wisconsin Digger, If you can't wait until spring, Ill come up with gas powered post hole digger.
    Where there's a will........

HH
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Thanks for the replies. I hunt mostly parks / beaches with a few private "Honey Holes". I hope to get out at least one more time but working in retail it is gangbusters after tomorrow until Christmas. I'll try to post some finds from this year and a few goodies from last year so here goes. Happy Thanksgiving

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hi Greg!

Nice War Nickel and silver Washington Quarter!

Glad you joined the forum and we're looking forward to your future finds! I hope you are able to get a few more hunts in this season. It seems like the colder weather is arriving earlier this year.

Best of luck!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Greg from SE Wisconsin. It is always nice to welcome a fellow Midwesterner. Stay warm this winter and good luck with your research.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Greg!
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.

Welcome to the forum from the desert southwest. (Spring is right around the corner.)
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Hello and Welcome to the forum from John in New Jersey.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Thanks Guys, The season is now come to an end. It is snowing and the highs are supposed to be in the single digits by the end of the week. Time for research and possibly making some contacts.

Greg
    Equipment: Whites XLT, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Propointer.
    Oldest coin: 1760's Chinese coin
    Favorite Find: 1940's Lone Ranger Badge
    Best question asked while detecting: "Do you find anything good with that Geiger Counter"

Nice looking war nickel! I'm glad you joined us...we share your enthusiasm.
    Here's to a short/mild winter
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Just joined up while I was contemplating just how long this weather will keep me from detecting. This forum looks great and will hopefully provide some instruction and general communication opportunities with like minded folks.
    i just settled in the Madison area and found Wisconsin to be a not so friendly metal detecting state. I seems that the state department of natural resources has done a good job of restricting our hobby on state owned land and water. I intend to join a local club and see what approach they take to find good potential sites that ca be legal to hunt. If any of you have any WI experience or ideas let me know.
    for those of you that enjoy metal detecting friendly states be thankful.
    looking forward to the forum and future communications.
    Swinging low and slow with my E-Trac.
    Poopdeckpappy

Welcome aboard Poopdeckpappy. you should do well with the E trac. I still love mine even though it sits in the corner. Hope you can figure out where to hunt in your area.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold