Thread: Tiny Bit of Silver

Tiny Bit of Silver

I wasn't planning on a hunt tonight... I didn't ask to hunt tonight... frankly I didn't even really WANT to hunt tonight... but when the Mrs suggests I go metal detecting I am not one to argue. I must take the chance when I get it! It was pretty warm today, I'm still a bit sore from all the hunting I dig over the weekend, and most of my usual spots are filled with games and activity in the evenings this time of year. So I headed out to my big silver spot from last summer, which I have hunted pretty bare. It's usually empty and sparse targets sounded nice as did the off chance I'd hit some overlooked silver or maybe a piece of gold. As expected there were few targets - mostly just foil and tabs and can slaw... I dug them all, hoping for gold. I'm sure there a gold ring at this spot somewhere waiting for me. One of the junk target turned out to be a TINY mangled unstamped silver ring with a small piece of what looks like turquoise. I broke it trying to straighten it out. Otherwise I wound up with a meager 27 coins worth $1.78 which included on wheat penny. It was nice to get out.

happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: Tiny Bit of Silver

To bad you broke the ring, but at least you saved it from another day in the ground!!
    Now go get the gold one thats waitin' for ya! thumbsup01
    Nice find!!
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Nice ring anyway, it looks handmade... I found a silver turquoise ring a little bit back myself. Silver is silver I wish my hubby would tell me to go MD more often

Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Oh yeah, hey there's my Ace bandage doo hickey I was looking for!!! lol
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

That's kind of an odd looking style ring. Haven't seen one like that. Hope it's real Turquoise, but it can also be reconstituted Turquoise, or dyed Howlite (which is cheap and can be any color). But silver none the less. If you ever get to know a jeweler, he could fix that in a snap. Nice finds.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold