Thread: The New Guy Checking In

The New Guy Checking In

Hello Everyone.

I am from Central New York. Been looking for treasure all my life but never found any until a few years back when I retired and got me a metal detector. I still have not found any treasure to speak of but have found a lot of good stuff. I guess if you put everything I have found in one big box it would qualify as treasure.

I have found many coins worth saving. My oldest is a large cent dateing back to 1822. I have a nice collection of rings. Some silver , some gold, some straight out of a Cracker Jacks box. I even found a few things I still have no clue as to what they are or what they were used for. Sometimes it is more fun discovering what an item is than the hunt for the thing.

I am looking forward to sharing this forum with you all.

Beartoe

Hello and welcome from Washington state. It sounds like you've already found some great items.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Hey Beartoe, welcome aboard from western MA. Now that you have found detecting you will be amazed at how hooked you can get on it Detecting is relaxing, educational, exciting and fulfilling! Hope you do well
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Another welcome from western MA. I know what you mean about finding the item that you have no idea of what it is. Looking forward to your future posts.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome Beartoe hope to see you post up some of your favorite finds . glad you found us here.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hi and welcome from Northern Illinois. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your Treasure.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Welcome from Illinois!

Lots of history there in your area, I'm jealous of the old coins and relics that can be found in New England. Congrats on your 1822 Large Cent, that's a great find!

Best of luck and happy hunting!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg