Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery Belt Plate!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    I'm not sure but I think it says "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

That is a special find, Tony, have you tried tracing paper as others suggested?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post

That is a special find, Tony, have you tried tracing paper as others suggested?
    yesi tried it but I probably need an even thinner paper than I had, Dan suggested Charcoal dust and I need to get some of that I tried talcum powder but really didn't help. I am tempted to tumble it for about 15 minutes using something like walnut shells that is not too abrasive.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Yeah. I did see this listed not only as a shoulder plate, but as well a belt plate, with the equivalent metric measurements of 89mm x 62mm. Most seem to be plain. The top middle almost looks like it says "THE" with right below it "FEAR". The far left of the pic looks like a large "A", which Idk how it fits in with the rest. And the bottom of the words, which is almost the middle of the buckle, looks like it says, starting with a crude "N", NTH8 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    yesi tried it but I probably need an even thinner paper than I had, Dan suggested Charcoal dust and I need to get some of that I tried talcum powder but really didn't help. I am tempted to tumble it for about 15 minutes using something like walnut shells that is not too abrasive.
    Tony, I wouldn't try anything that might make it any worse than it is. You've got all the time in the world to try and figure out what it says. You might try to use aluminum foil over it and rub with a pencil eraser or something to see if you can get a better image of it.