Thread: AT PRO users descussion

Hybrid View

welcome to the forum Scott.
    i myself own an AT PRO and love it but would not recommend it as a beginners machine, reasons ? ,it does tend to be a bit of a chatter,it likes to tell you everything that is in the ground which to the beginner can become tiresome.
    also it is a machine with a number display and although this is great for an intermediate detectorist can be a bit more hard work when just beginning in the hobby.
    my advice to you would be start with a lower end machine till you get the hang of digging stuff , the whites coinmaster for $200 is the machine i started with and as folks can tell you here i am a massive fan,it hits deep (Vermont copper at 15inchs) and is the only detector ive owned that if it hits on the gold ring symbol on the screen its a gold ring in the ground.
    another choice would be the fisher F2 , although it has numbers its a lot easier to understand and if you buy the package comes with and extra coil... about $300.
    both detectors are switch on and go machines which as a beginner is what you want.

I have a Garrett AT Pro and I'm having an issue with it. I've returned it to Garrett numerous times to no avail They even sent me a new detector but the issue persists. The issue is that when I'm detecting in a field if there is a tiny, single, taller sprig sticking up and I touch the spring with the coil, I get a coin signal. However, there is nothing there. This makes it very difficult to hunt. On the beach it does the same thing if I accidentally touch a mound of sand. Has anyone else had this issue: Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for all suggestions.