Thread: Speed detecting..

Speed detecting..

Got together today with a couple freinds & we did some speed detecting.. lol We had 600 acres with about 8+ different sites on it to cover in one day, The sites ranged from a few old home sites to a horse wagon spring watering hole all the way to a Civil War battle site ..I gained permision from a co-worker that owns the land to hunt it, we spent an average of about an hous or two at each site until we ran out of time & sunlight.. We only had time to hit about 5 of the sites today & no where near even scratched the surface at any of them..The weeds were tall & the ground was very hard, but it was a great & fun day, I will definitely be returning to the area again once the weeds are down.. Here are a few pictures My wife took while I hunted..I didn't make a lot of great finds today, but I had a fun time trying..

Re: Speed detecting..

Wow, that is a lot of ground to cover. But it sounds like very good ground.

I have a feeling you'll be posting some amazing finds from this place.

Good luck on your next hunt... the good stuff is just waiting to be found there.

Sounds like a great place to detect That button looks like a Marines 2 pc button and may be one listed in Albert's Button Book as MC10E It says the back mark is Waterbury Button Co./Waterbury Con It should be 23mm wide. No dates given in that book, but I'm guessing 1860's on it, as a ballpark guess. Sweet hunt
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

The button was found in the civil war spot about 8 inches deep, the owner found a bayonet there just laying on the ground several years ago..Right now the weeds in that spot were up to my waist & my coil kept getting tangled in them.. lol I will for sure be going back there again after a good snow kills off the weeds..

nice pictures and great looking area to detect at , very sweet button too . i think Coinnut got it right on as its a Marine's button thumbsup01
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

That's a lot of ground to cover . You could spend a lifetime just there! I'm sure you'll make some great discoveries. Good luck!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

That's a great list of sites to hunt, and a LOT of land. You could spend a long time trying to hunt out those spots. Good luck on you future trips.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Congrats on that sweet button! Great pics and story
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP