Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!

Snow Day!

Howdy Folks!
    While I'm looking at the snow coming down outside my window, I got to wondering what I'll do with my day. Then I wondered what everybody else does when they can't get out to hunt. I'd go hunting regardless of snow, but can't afford to catch cold or anything before my surgical date rolls around. But I was curious what you do on those days when you just can't hunt.

Everybody likely has a plethora of other things, chores, research, books to read or other activities they can enjoy on snow days, and I'd like to know your favorite activity when it just ain't a good day to swing a coil. Share it with us (but keep it clean), and I'll be posting one of my favorite alternative activities a bit later on. I'd like to see what you enjoy before showing you my alternative. You know, show me yours and I'll show you mine! That sort of thing! LOL.

All seriousness aside, show us what you enjoy doing on snow days. Just one, maybe two is enough, as I'd like to hear from everybody on the forum on this one.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21

Its Going to be a Shpadoinkle Day!

Gunning for Gold!

Re: Snow Day!

I've been playing Halo and Need for speed on the Xbox i got for Christmas
    I'ts just been a little colder than i want to hunt in

This weekend M-T is just going to be spent in front of the computer.. I came down with a super bad cold and any moving around just causes a real bad hacking cough. Reading and some research
    Today is my day

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro 54 View Post
    This weekend M-T is just going to be spent in front of the computer.. I came down with a super bad cold and any moving around just causes a real bad hacking cough. Reading and some research
    Howdy Nitro!
    I surely am sorry to hear you're ailing! Get yourself well and use that research to bring in some great finds!
    Take care of yourself amigo!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

Get well soon Glen

Forum hopping, reading and research here.... It's a very good day to stay indoors and
    *** You just never know what will turn up next, or from where ***

Football, 3 games. Reading. Metal detecting forum. Keeping the fire going. Warm cup of coffee, with just a little aiming fluid added. And hoping for a thaw.
    Tomorrow should be a great day, provided nothing stops me from preventing it from not happening.

I carve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get well Glen
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bedrock View Post
    Football, 3 games. Reading. Metal detecting forum. Keeping the fire going. Warm cup of coffee, with just a little aiming fluid added. And hoping for a thaw.
    I'd be doing that too Brother If I was back up there !! Nothing like it thumbsup01 thumbsup01
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Veteran Member

i dont think i can post what i do when it snows .... clean up around the house mainly.....watch football when its on . i also have a fireworks stand thats not to busy so i sell tomahawk missles out of the basement on the weekends and late at night when it snows
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

snowboarded yesterday church this morning chillin with the family this afternoon
    Loving my God, Being a husband and father, Detecting every chance I get!

Howdy Folks!
    I promised to provide my favorite alternative activity when not able to get out and hunt. One of my favorites is to get out to the shooting range with Pipster. Here is how we enjoy a snowy day, whenever he is off work, that is. And that ain't often these days!

This is a pretty old video, made before surgery got cancelled first time around due to a blood clot that developed in that leg. I finally got another date for surgery on December 31st, but they couldn't find a vein to start an I.V.! Now my next attempt is scheduled for January 25th. Hopefully everything will go right this time!

Shootout in Aurora.mp4

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    YTD = $73.21

Gunning for Gold!

Good shooting M-T,,,,, thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I will need at least a mile head start lol lol lol
    Today is my day

Veteran Member

aint nothing like sending lead downrange... i like to shoot too.. word is --the local squirell mullah has a might fine price on my head. seein as how i have delivered many of his boyz to the happy hunting grounds.. i hate squirells but my remington model 597 22 long rifle loves em.. with remington yellow jacket .22 high velocity hollow points ....... its a match made in heaven ... so my property is a no fly zone for squirells...... sorry i got carried away.. still there aint nothin like the smell of burnt squirel and gunpowder
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

When it snows?? Seems like I have to always work when it snows lol Never fails. But I do like to play the guitar (not too well lol) or clean up around my detecting area, I have set up.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Snow here.

Did some Dance Dance Revolution (favorite way to exercise, and fun) and cleaned the house. Shoveled snow. Exciting.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Hibernate
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

Candidate Member

Snow Snow Snow. An unusual storm has drop 7 1\2 inches here in Little Rock, Arkansas. That is a big storm for this area. Guess I will stay in and enjoy it from the windows in the motorhome. Good hunting to those who can get out. Glenn
    Glenn

In the winter time when I cannot detect I am usually found out in the wilds around where I live Coyote hunting. The rest of the wildlife need a break from these particular predators so we do our part to thin them down...

Candidate Member

Bejeweled Blitz and Farmville on Facebook. Maybe if I get sucked into Farmville like Tron I will try out the MXT Pro. lol