Thread: Old Lock

Old Lock

Don't know if this would be considered a relic or not I've never seen one like it but hey it was a great find to me anyways.
    I went to a new park today and wasn't getting nothing and decided to take a break and while I was sitting I saw a spot that looked a bit odd.
    It had some trees in a bunch and looked like a good place where a house might would sit at so I thought what the heck I'm not doing any good here so I walked out to the spot and started swinging.
    I started hitting a lot of iron and dug a few pieces and even some glass so I knew my hunch was right to bad most of the day was gone but I did find an old ring I think that could have come off a sadle or briddle but just b4 I called it a day I found this lock in that area.
    I think it's brass it cleaned up real well but as said I don't know if it's old or not haven't had a chance to search yet but I'm gonna keep it no matter.
    On the latch is ingraved a number 2 and it says St Louis on both sides of the lock itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ricky

Veteran Member

Re: Old Lock

Nice lock Ricky. My sister lives in Saint Louis so that find kind of piqued my interest. WTG!

Veteran Member

Cool Lock !! neat find thumbsup01
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Thats a cool old lock!! I've never heard of the St. Louis brand either. But there out there. Here's one that sold for just over $15.00.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...hF%252BSE%253D
    I've found a couple of nice old locks too. They sure do hit hard and sound good when you've got one under your coil. lol
    Cool find!!
    Congrats !
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Awesome score on the old lock thumbsup01 I really like finding them old locks myself

Great lock, I have found a few over the years but none as nice as that one. congrats !!!
    Garretts AT Pro, Garretts GTI 2500,with Pro package, Garretts GT1 1500, & 3 Garretts pro pointers

Great relic find!!!!
    I can only please one person per day,,,today is not your day,,,tomorrow isn't looking good either.

2011 silver coins> 18,,,,13 IH,,,,2 V nickels,,,2 Shield nickels
    2010 silver coins >4,,,,the year that wasn't
    2009 silver coins> 77> 49 IHs> 15 V nickels>9 Buffs

Nice find RR. Havent heard much out of you lately. Getting hunting time.
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

Thanks all, for someone that usually only finds clad the lock was a nice surprize.
    Oh yeah I did find a quarter and you know what year it was? Yup you guessed it a 1965 I don't remember how many 1965's I've found the last 3 years but nothing in the silver range it's mighty strange how it's always a year off.
    Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by Civil War Nut View Post
    Nice find RR. Havent heard much out of you lately. Getting hunting time.
    Hi CWN, yeah I'm still around but have been getting out every chance I get hoping to find my first silver every time and as long as I can walk I'm not gonna give up.
    Keep on swinging man you're making some great finds.
    Ricky

yup thats fits as a relic perfectly a very cool old lock Rick as Tim pointed out some can be worth alot of money to collectors , you should talk to Larry about his skills as a locksmith , he has a way of opening them up.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    yup thats fits as a relic perfectly a very cool old lock Rick as Tim pointed out some can be worth alot of money to collectors , you should talk to Larry about his skills as a locksmith , he has a way of opening them up.
    Thanks I would like to be able to open it I been messing with it but it still tight no wiggle at all I been spraying it with wd40 and letting it sit.
    Ricky

Old locks rule !! <: <:
    Someday, I wanna be a vampire

Veteran Member

i ilke old locks too rick . and that ones a nice one
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me