View Poll Results: How Many Gold Coins Have You Found....If Any ?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

42 87.50%

4 8.33%

1 2.08%

0 0%

1 2.08%
  • 5 or more

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many Gold Coins Have You Found...If Any ?

Re: How Many Gold Coins Have You Found...If Any ?

Looking at the results of the poll and seeing that Paul has yet to find his first gold coin with all the detecting he does with his Etrac and the many years at it, doesn't give one a lot of encouragement.

However, that doesn't mean that we all can't find our first one around the next corner.....LOL
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

My uncle found a five dollar gold piece in about 1935 when he was twelve. That's about as close as I've gotten. He traded it at a local hardware store for a BB gun. He used the BB gun to shoot Robins. He sold the Robins to the Italians in his small town for a nickel each. People, especially Italians, used to consider Robins very good to eat (my uncle was fond of Robins though he was Russian). Robins were almost brought to extinction because they were so good to eat and were hunted so avidly. It is now illegal to shoot Robins, and they are making a good come back. But it’s still legal to find gold coins…..

The bottom line is: there's gold coins in the dirt out there, we just got to find it!
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1