Thread: ":grin:shocked04:uble O Gold License to swish

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

":grin:shocked04:uble O Gold License to swish

From the land of the Bluenose.....

Double &quot Gold....License to Swish (Tuesday)

The home office at the airport was in chaos as the primary security line had been breached! The Man from &quot.E.A.R. (battling everywhere animals roam) was called in as the black bear had been seen inside the fence and caused an active runway to be closed for a rad. A trap was set using a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken as bait. At last report two security personnel had been caught and a pilot was seen on taxiway Alfa running with a bucket under his arm.

It was just another typical day at the airport! Once off duty I raced home, changed and was in a local lake before one could blink. Little did I know what was in store as my License to Swish had be renewed. One scoop gold another scoop gold and yet another...a junker. One of the rings I'll have to take to Q to be deciphered (could use your help on these hallmarks).

When this off duty mission was completed I had bagged 2 gold rings, a junker ring, earing, a Canada pin and 19 coins @ $8.09. Successful action in a hostile environment!

Of course the sunset as viewed from Dad's place was spectacular as was the company as my brother Darren and family where visiting from Ontario and other points.

Our Man Navy Davy in Guatemala (Wednesday)

It seemed like ages since ND and I had been out doing the dew so the dew we did dew. My visiting relatives were on a South Shore trip and Marie was at work so time was not an issue. What was an issue me bouy was the heat as ND and I found out after a half hour at a local playing field. Worse than the heat was the Kamikaze horseflies which seemed to delight in hitting you from all sides at once. ND dug up a rare first ...A Guatemalan coin and added 27 others to the abbreviated dig from which we were forced to retreat.

As for this veteran of the Sky Wars a key , fun zone token and a quota of 59 coins @ $10.29 was added to the Back to the UK fund.

Trunk Full of Garrett (Thursday)
    They would not take no for an answer so I gave in! Loaded Ottos' trunk with Garretts and headed to Dad to pick up niece Carly (home from Korea), nephew Josh (home from university) and his girl friend Liz for a day of detecting 101.

Was a fun day with the Garretts merrily chirping and the students finding coins. Carly dug a nice Penguin dewy using a Freedom 3 Plus . I would locate a target and they would pinpoint and dig it up. Was another learning day curve also for this bouy with the AT Pro.

Dad out did himself later that night as we had a massive BBQ and even my daughter Kayla showed up.

Hooked on Gold (Friday)

Picked up Marie and away we went. I with the Garretts and her with another Danielle Steel.

hitting one swishing spot....then another!

At the second lake hit a nice fishing lure just laying on the bottom......imagine having that stuck in a foot and another reason why it is always good to wear crocks when in the water. Shortly after that find I hooked onto a sweet little gold ring!

Fun day with the Hunny Bunny.

<
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Re: ":grin:shocked04:uble O Gold License to swish

Holy cow! If my math is correct that was three gold rings for you, Leslie! AMAZING! I've never tried water detecting but you sure make it look inviting!

Congrats on the terrific gold rings and a nice pile pf coins!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 421 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 133 Barber Dimes, 407 Mercury Dimes, 250 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 17 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Looks like a great time out there.
    A big congrats on the gold. I especially like the one loaded with hallmarks.
    I would love to find one like that someday.
    Well done sir.

Nice haul, Leslie. Water hunting is great fun, especially on hot days. I spent all day Thursday up to my neck.

Those are some fine looking rings, no doubt. Nice work getting that lure out of there two. Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

WOW, nice gold haul and you got to stay cool to. Very nice post, especially like the KFC bit.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

thumbsup01 Great post, Lezlie and a great few days of detecting. But I have a question... have you lost some weight!!!
    pastorals (Alan)

Tesoro Vaquero. Black Widow ears, Lesche digger and 31" Sampson personal defense tool.

Hunting history...one beep at a time.

You are a gold magnet Les lol Nice going on them rings I think airport security should adapt a shoot to kill policy when it comes to KFC thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold