Thread: 1819 Matron Head Large Cent

1819 Matron Head Large Cent

The coppers from yesterday left me wanting some more so today late in the day I headed to the same spot to see if anything else could be coaxed out of the ground. There wasn't much this time, but I did manage one more copper, and this one held up very well.

Here are the photos. The first two as found, and the last two when cleaned. She is a beauty.

Re: 1819 Matron Head Large Cent

Wow!! They are really rough coming out of the ground most of the time, boy , did you pull up a beauty!! Congrats!! Happy Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

stretcher: give us the details , how deep ? did she scream out dig me dig me . lol lol you definately found a very sweet one and George look , out of all the teen matrons the 19 seems to hold up about the best for some reason right? some years hold up better than others , we think the purity of the copper might have something to do with it .great coin Angel
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by MassDirtFisher link=topic=6565.msg76858#msg76858 date=1311993846
    Wow!! They are really rough coming out of the ground most of the time, boy , did you pull up a beauty!! Congrats!! Happy Hunting!!
    Yeah, they usually take a beating. stretcher: This one was in soil that has very good drainage though, so that helped her maintain her 'youth'.

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=6565.msg76859#msg76859 date=1311994129
    stretcher: give us the details , how deep ? did she scream out dig me dig me . lol lol you definately found a very sweet one and George look , out of all the teen matrons the 19 seems to hold up about the best for some reason right? some years hold up better than others , we think the purity of the copper might have something to do with it .great coin Angel
    She screamed 'dig me' alright. The Fe/Co numbers were high too when using the probe, hitting Fe/Co of 10-47. I was seeing Draped Bust quarters flash before my eyes. lol She was no deeper than 8.5. The ground at the site can be difficult at some spots though, so swinging slow is just about mandatory.

very nice coin an awsome find and great shape,GJ.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

That is Gorgeous , great hunting !!! thumbsup01

Candidate Member

That is one beautiful large cent. How did you clean it.
    Whites V3I with inline Sun Ray Probe.

That is one beautiful large cent. Cleaned up very nicely!

By the way, where did you find your E-Trac copper magnet coil? lol
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Another beauty for the collection .

I can't believe the nice condition of some of these coppers that you and others members have been posting lately. I still can't take my eyes off Pauls KG in found in NH last week.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Candidate Member

Awesome condition. Big Congrats!
    White's MXT/ Ace 250 / BH 1100..Started MDing in 2008...So Far 19 IH's, 1843 half dime, 2 1908 V nickels, 1803 large copper, 1700's King George II Half Penny and much more goodies

That surely is a beauty, Angel! It must have been lost not long after it was minted, and the ground was very kind to it. Soon to be 200 years old, it boggles the mind!

Excellent find!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Way to go Angel, That 1819 is great looking. What the cleaning method? Congrats on a great find, can I bring my 1819 over to you for cleaningthinkingabout:LOL
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice looking copper Angel Drainage has a lot to do with condition. She is a beaut
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

nice work angel! lets trade..i'll swap you a Benjamin half for it...whaat say you? hehehe

That one cleaned up beautifully.
    I would love to pull one in that shape sometime this year.
    Congrats Angel on a great coin.