Quote Originally Posted by sniffy link=topic=7002.msg81535#msg81535 date=1315267881
Spent a few hours deep in the CT wilderness swingng the ole coil. I decided to head back to some sites that I haven't completely pounded to smithereens.....one the way I decided to stop at one paticular cellar hole that has produced some nice coins and such....this site sits pretty low at the base of a large hill and the ground seems to stay moist all year. Today the ground was very wet and the signals were all new As usual, I pop my headphones on and head up the bank swinging thinking that I must have missed something....and then....KABLAM...kablam...KABLAM....quarter..quart er...QUARTER!!! Right at the base of the cellar hole I've been to a million times....however...my machine was telling me that it was 6-8 inches deep...at first I wrote it off as a D buckle or MAAAAAAAAYbe a shoebuckle....but prolly a harmonica reed...nope...a 1775 KGIII at around 9 inches I guesstimated. Awesome!! SOOOO never mind the other site I wanted to go to....I focused more attention here and came up with these goodies....anyone know what the circle glass piece is? It was patented in 1872...looks like a clay pigeon but has threads on the bottom as if it would screw onto something......thinkingabout: OH AND BTW....I am very proud of the cleaning I did on the copper.....it took 2 hours....STUBBORN CONCRETE!
Hidy S . Nice finds . Have a good day and good luck .