Thread: Going for the Gold...

Going for the Gold...

.... but came up short. lol
    Hey all!
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas!
    The ground hasn't frozen just yet. So I figured I'd better get out while I had a chance. thumbsup01 Yesterday afternoon things finally started to slow down a little bit after the holidays. So I grabbed the E-Trac and headed for some baseball/ soccer fields near by. I was hoping to add one more piece of gold to the 2011 total.
    I was digging the solid low tones and numbers. No gold This is what I came up with instead lol

But I did come up with $1.61 in clad............and a nice little .925 ring! <:

Heres a little better look at it.

The .925 markings

Hopefully the ground don't freeze too soon. I'm still going to try and find one more piece of the elusive gold before years end

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Re: Going for the Gold...

It's out there, just waiting for your coil to go over it.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Good luck with your own personal Gold Rush! Hope you get it!
    Minelab E-trac, Sunray X1 probe

2011 Silver goal: 20 (14 YTD- 8 Rosies, 5 Mercury Head dimes, 1 Barber dime)
    2011 Clad goal: $50 ($132.50 year to date)

Good ring and coins

My kind of treasure hunter! Keep digging the low signals and gold will come.
    Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

Nothing wrong with that ring. Great hunt! Happy New Year!
    Metal Detector: Teknetics Omega 8000

That's a nice silver ring, Tim!

Too bad about your luck with gold, if you keep digging those signals you're bound to find some more sooner or later! thumbsup01
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 421 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 133 Barber Dimes, 407 Mercury Dimes, 250 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 17 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Nice ring Tim!! Man I wish I could take advantage of this great weather. Keep swinging I think there is one more Gold waiting for you. Knowing you it will probably only be a silver pocket spill LOL. HH

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

very nice love knot ring and coins,good hunt,wtg.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Whats that at the top of the paper plate, a meteorite? Nice ring though! |
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

Silver is silver. Nice job on the ring! Congrats on the rest of the finds also!
    Joe Andresen

Glad to see you squeaked in another hunt Tim. This December weather has been incredible.
    Who would have though we were going to get 3 bonus weeks of detecting this year?

Sorry you didn't pick up a nice gold ring... but that is sure one fine looking 925.

Congrats.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo D

From the land of the Bluenose....nice 925 &quot. Best of the season to you and the brood! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Solid effort showing persistance, good finds even minus the AU!

thumbsup01
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?