Thread: NEW to this hobby and Phoenix AZ

NEW to this hobby and Phoenix AZ

I am new to the sport/hobby and decided to try my hand at ground fishing. I just ordered a Garrette Ace 350 and hope it will serve me well. I wish I had taken up this hobby when I was living in the mountains of Va..... but will have to learn here in the desert with really hard ground...lol!!

Re: NEW to this hobby and Phoenix AZ

Welcome to the forum from central Illinois!

I guess the good thing about Phoenix is that you can hunt pretty much year round! Well, maybe not in the summer time when it's 120 degrees in the shade.

But it's a dry heat, right? lol

I have visited Phoenix many times and always wondered how the detecting would be there. Good luck with your new Ace 350! Keep us posted on your finds!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 420 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 125 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 406 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 90 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

rofl ... a VERY dry heat!!...... and most of the ground here looks like brown concrete....lol!!.... Oh well.... I guess there are some gold and silver mines here to hunt..... if I could just find them!!... and I live less than a mile from the salt river..... which runs full of rocks most of the time!.... but some small gravel deposits that may contain goodies!.... There should also be some ghost towns not too far from here..... I will let you guys know what I discover!!

Welcome! Glad you found us, and I think you will enjoy the ACE 350. Looking forward to hearing about what you find
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

hello VaBearCub and welcome to the forum ,Phoenix?? boy do i miss that place now its like 6 degrees outside lol lol i was born and raised in Phoenix and have tubed down the salt river many many times it was a great place growing up .you can just about go in any direction into the desert and run into an abandon mine shaft , ghost town , stage stop or an old Spanish mission . there are old railroad lines , stops , federal union soldier forts here and there and the Salt river has many tributaries that wash tons of sediments from the gold country . glad to have you here and plese keep us updated on your endevors .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I used to fish in Cortez Park!

Welcome from wester MA. Right now I'll take that VERY dry heat seeing that it is about 9 degrees here. Looking forward to your posts and that Ace 350 is pretty good.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=8453.msg95583#msg95583 date=1325682435
    Welcome from wester MA. Right now I'll take that VERY dry heat seeing that it is about 9 degrees here. Looking forward to your posts and that Ace 350 is pretty good.
    9 degrees and DRY!

I still have my ace 350, I had a good time with it. I ran it all-metal, all the time
    You might want to look into the Garrett Gizmo. I would have bought one had I continued to use that machine. Look forward to your posts.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks for the replys. I will let you know as soon as I get my Ace 350 and practice with it a bit. By gizmo did you mean the pointer?.... or maybe a better digger?......

The tracking says I should have it on the 10th..... seems to be slow shipping..... oh well!!.... As long as I get it!!... lol

On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome from Mississippi.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome from SE Wisconsin and good luck in the desert. Maybe there is a gold nugget or two wait ing for you!!

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

welcome from central Illinois
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Welcome from Iowa VaBearCub. It's great you joined our group.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you get with the Ace 350. :-> I'm a big fan of the 250.