Thread: Anybody on the fence about getting a Deus?

Hybrid View

Sorry, I don`t put much stock in movies. They are like fishing shows, the moment that hook hits the water, bam! they got a ten pound fish.......right.

I called a fellow a few of weeks ago and told him I was in the market for a new machine but I explained that I didn`t want to spend a bunch of cash. Well he started right in trying to pressure me into buying an XP Deus. Long story short, I purchased a Safari from somebody else. Is the Deus a better machine? For the amount of money they are asking, it should be. But the bottom line is that I didn`t have $1400 plus to spend on a detector.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentron20 View Post
    Is the Deus a better machine? For the amount of money they are asking, it should be. But the bottom line is that I didn`t have $1400 plus to spend on a detector.
    There are plenty of fine machines for sure that do not require you to lay down $1800 plus. I was more intrigued by the totally wireless; great warranty; customer support here in the USA; and ability to customize or write your own programs!

I am somewhat a gadget nerd to a degree. I shopped all over and finally found a dealer that sells store display models for $250 off a new unit with full warranty and the latest firmware installed. I could not resist the calling.

I will say this.........I perceived the machine as being quite intimidating for sure. But I read the manual and Andy's book and just took the unit out to begin learning the tones and the nuiances of the machine. So far I am happy. Does the Deus fit everyone..............heck no. I was teetering on a Garrett AT Pro but have a ACE 350 and figured I would venture out a bit and see what other companies offer.

Hopefully this machine once I log some hours will start producing but then again I am reminded, you can't find treasure where treasure does not exist!
    Detectors: Garrett ACE 350/XP Deus