Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
John those are great relics congrats on the powder flask .Lately i've been looking at a lot for some reason I love the monogrammed plated pocket watch back , also the musket side plate in the lower right corner of the last picture . you did awesome !!

hey check the larger end bottom of the flask it probably has embossing and a name James Dixon & Sons . like this one on the left
Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
Great hunt and awesome finds, congrats!
Thanks much Dan. Interestingly my flask has no writing on it, but after looking up the maker I find several references/images of my flask. Maybe another design w/o the makers mark? Dunno. One site says early to mid 1800s, another says late 18th/early 19th century. So perhaps it dates from a bit earlier than 1850-1870 as I allude? Anyway thanks again for the ID, and the ID of the musket plate - glad I decided to keep that as I didn't know what it was but thought it looked interesting!

John

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
Great finds John!!
Nice ID Dan! It's fun to find something with a name of someone that lived there years ago.

Hey, fun video too!
Thanks Drew. Yeah, would've been nice to find the whole watch, but to find something directly linked to the homesite owner still made my day!

John