Thread: Back at it

Back at it

Hi folks ,
    Haven't been doing much detecting for quite awhile now . Tear out's and scrapes are pretty much a thing of the pasthere as as they are fenced off from the get go for liability reasons .Most school yards are now fenced off because of vandalism and break ins . 99% 0f all the sand and wood chip tot lots have been converted to rubberized pad bottoms . People around here for the most part don't want to be bothered with someone detecting their properties and I've gotten to that stage in my life where the less people I have to deal with the better . So , it ends up either the beaches or the same two main spots I have been hunting for many years .I guess things kind of balance out though as the less targets there are the less my crippled up ,old body has to get up and down . Recently it hit me that pretty soon the two old fields I have been hunting will either be "modernized" or be closed to people on off school hours . I found my first silver coin in two years at my main spot a few weeks ago a silver Roosie .I've found about a half a dozen Wheaties the last couple of years also .To even find a spendable coin there is now a major achievement . Lately though, I've been finding junk jewelry and a couple of pieces of decent jewelry,one being a Dragon ( I don't know if it's silver , silver plated or what ( it appears to have been once painted red . The gold cross tested 10K but the stones aren't diamonds . All this stuff has been found with the MXT Pro but the last hunt where I fond the gold cross was with a Joey coiled Explorer 2 .Detecting time isn't as plentiful as it once was either due to family obligations . When I do get out I'm enjoying every minute of it finds or not .If I can get out at least an hour and a half ,I'm a happy camper .

Name:  2017-07-26 002 (425x322).jpg
Views: 189
Size:  103.0 KBName:  2017-07-27 006 (425x319).jpg
Views: 194
Size:  116.8 KB" Cheap Thrills " pretty much sums it up .
    Name:  2017-07-27 009 (425x319) (2).jpg
Views: 194
Size:  109.4 KBName:  2017-08-25 015 (425x319).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  94.5 KBName:  2017-08-25 006.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  69.2 KB
    Good hunting to all . Here's a few pictures of a few of my better hunts as of late .
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 08-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Name:  IMG_0680 (425x319).jpg
Views: 198
Size:  98.7 KBName:  IMG_0679 (425x319).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  123.1 KBName:  IMG_0681 (425x319).jpg
Views: 198
Size:  111.1 KBMy last good coinstar haul 7/1/17 .
    I realize the backside Dragon picture is a repeat I just haven't been able to delete it no matter what I do .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 08-26-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Great to hear from you George! I was in your neck of the woods this summer...not for detecting though. We have the seem issues here with the tear-outs. Some guys don't seem to have a problem- like Milco. I bet your heart stopped with that cross! I like to go for 90min-2 hrs myself. I'm glad you are getting out!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Great to hear from you George! I was in your neck of the woods this summer...not for detecting though. We have the seem issues here with the tear-outs. Some guys don't seem to have a problem- like Milco. I bet your heart stopped with that cross! I like to go for 90min-2 hrs myself. I'm glad you are getting out!
    Thanks Drew , I hope to get out there again at least once this weekend .

Still a couple nice finds. That cross is pretty sweet! I do feel your pain though. Politics, lawyers, and special interest groups are turning our country into a place that's continually taking away our freedoms.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Nice seeing you post! Any hunting is better than no hunting IMO! Very nice little cross as well.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Elite Member
    Always good to get out. Some nice finds. This is my favorite time of the year to hunt in Wisconsin. The temps are perfect. Keep swinging WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Nice to hear from and see you getting out George , Its a shame what city ordinances and regulations are doing to our hobby and freedoms . I hope you do get to go out more often and congratulations on the gold and silver my friend .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice to see a post George. Regulations can kill anything. Congrats on your gold and silver..... I also haven't been out much but when I do go a 1 1/2 - 2 hour hunt resets my mind.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Cheap thrills are better that no thrills!
    Hey George!
    Long time no see....well... talk to
    It's really only been a few months. But at least your getting out some Not only just getting out, but finding some stuff! And GOLD! is in the goodie bag this time!! Whoo hoo!
    Congrats my friend!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime