Search results

  1. del

    "big iron"

    Thank you sir ! I've been waiting on a find as this ! :thumbsup01: me too Jeff , thanks Yes his name is Ron Yingling i was out with him and his twin Brother Rick , we all swing the Deus and we all did pretty well for only a few hours hunt. I was using Calabash Digger's pitch program...
  2. del

    "big iron"

    Sunday i was only afforded a few hours out to play in the woods , to check out a possible site and maybe hit a couple older "hammered out" sites with a new deus program for the heavy iron . Well the "possible site" wasn't anything but i did hit a coin spill in the woods (2 indians 1863 , 1881...
  3. del

    Let's see your best silver coin!

    Ooops ! well best "coin silver" , silver coin same difference yes ?
  4. del

    Let's see those GW Buttons!

  5. del

    King George III

    there are a few varieties if the 74 but you may need to take a few more pictures , the more i look at it the more it looks different to this one
  6. del

    White's metal detectors closes its doors

    yes its true …. more info to follow .
  7. del

    Some testing with the deus

    Last Sunday and the Wednesday before I had the opportunity to try out the deus on some hard hit cellar sites . Wednesday the 29th of April me and a couple of brothers (Rick & Ron ) got out for a couple of hours after work to hit a couple of hard hit cellar holes , Ron had just gotten a deus...
  8. del

    New machine finds history

    Yesterday Donnie Ron and myself headed out to the woods to hit some well known sites and check on a couple of possible cabin sites . The weather was about perfect springtime temps , hiking is always good this time of year and I could use the exercise . On this particular excursion I had brought...
  9. del

    Lead eagle

  10. del

    Lead eagle

    These are often decorations on antique horse drawn sleighs
  11. del

    Should I or shouldn't I clean this

    My advice would be to let the brass buckle dry out for a few days and see if its surface starts to chip and flake loose on its own . this will make your job so much easier to remove the rest of the crusty dirt from the brass. Its usually what happens before I start . this picture is of one of...
  12. del

    going for the record !

    Our very own Lodge Scent has long I MEAN INSPIRED me to focus my detecting prowess on capturing the market on all the shoe buckles in the land ! Well at least in Connecticut ! Challenge accepted Jeff :lol::lol::lolsign: Yesterday (Sunday) was chilly in the morning but overall still very...
  13. del

    Moving some iron out of the way

    You are funny Jeff :lol: . The item I believe is a large kepi "button" or decoration insignia on a Shako helmet , they came in a few motifs (eagles in a couple of poses , stars , "blazed" cannon balls) here are a couple of different shako hats from the 1830's and 40's both have your kepi button...
  14. del

    New Year

    Well the first few hunts of the new year have been good ! The temps here in Connecticut have been well above average (with the exceptions of the last week or so) and have been out three times already !:happy: January 1st Donnie and I got out with a couple good friends (twin brothers Rick & Ron)...
  15. del

    Merry Christmas

    On behalf of the American Detectorist Staff , we would like to wish eveyone here a very Merry Christmas
  16. del

    "I'm in the club"

    Got out with Donnie B and Ron yesterday , the weather was about as perfect as you could get here in Connecticut in November :yes: Donnie gave Ron and I an invite to his sites where he has been doing pretty well at , this area has many old cellar sites with tons of stone lined pens and over grown...
  17. del

    Veteran's Day

    The American Detectorist Staff would like to thank all of our Veteran's for their sacrifice and service to our great nation.
  18. del

    I thought I found a GW button, but still need help ID'ing

    Hardly a "master" :embarrassed:but thanks for the compliment . just seen a lot of coins found in the last couple of decades . Here is the one I was thinking , these are about 36mm or 1.4 inches across
  19. del

    Heading to England for some Detecting!

    just when I thought I couldn't hate you any more Dave !:lol:
  20. del

    First hunt in while

    Donnie B coaxed me out of my usual summer hibernation last Saturday to hit some sites he's been searching , huge nice colonials that have tons of swinging room which is unusual this time of year . We only stayed for about 5 to 6 hours due to a thunderstorm , lightning and rain . We got soaked...

Forum statistics

Threads
23,669
Messages
238,606
Members
3,848
Latest member
Heering80
Back
Top