Thread: Possible forum addition.

Possible forum addition.

I have seen that Dan has added a post for some relic references,which brings me to this question.

I was wondering for some time but didn't want to ask if it would be possible to add a new reference section where members could post useful links.I am one that tries to find out history and identify items that I find and don't just toss them in a box or can.Over the years I have accumulated many useful reference sites on many different things and I know many of other people have also.

I feel this would be a good addition but I do not know the kind of work or space it would involve on the sites end.I do realize that it could take some monitoring on the content. Just a thought on my end,but would like to know if any of the other members would use the section if it did come about.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Re: Possible forum addition.

The forum has a webpage with a Links section (see left side).

Check this out: http://www.americandetectorist.com/index.html
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I have noticed the links.They are the most common and are helpful but if there could be a more expanded section to help I.d. other items.I was just curious about it so that maybe people in this community could help fellow members.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

John, feel free to send me a PM with the links you have in mind. I may look into displaying such via a page along with some comments, rather than simply adding links to the homepage.