Search results

  1. Full Metal Digger

    Today's finds brought to you by the number 2

    Good assortment of finds, congratulations!
  2. Full Metal Digger

    I've been practicing restoring relics - what do you think?

    I have recently been practicing restoring damaged iron relics. I'm starting with simple items and then as I get better, I will try more difficult relics. This is a late medieval key. It was badly rusted and missing parts due to advanced rust. I removed all the existing rust and then rebuilt...
  3. Full Metal Digger

    American Detectorist Mugshots - Show Us Your Picture!

    Me thinking about my next detecting trip to Germany!
  4. Full Metal Digger

    Yardie Shield Nickel

    LOL! I'll take them where I can get 'em! But across the pond this would count as "modern" coinage! LOL
  5. Full Metal Digger

    Living Big in the UK

    Congrats Todd! I've enjoyed watching all your group's finds on the Colchester forum.
  6. Full Metal Digger

    just joined...

    Welcome to a great forum with amazing people! Where in Europe are you living? I lived in Germany for 3 years and was able to get some decent finds. Looking forward to seeing yours!
  7. Full Metal Digger

    First copper of the year

    Nicely found, Del! It certainly has enough detail to identify. I can almost read the date, 179x? Are you going to try to clean it up any more or just leave it as is?
  8. Full Metal Digger

    First coin of the year

    Congratulations Del! That is a coin that I have not been able to find and so it remains high on my bucket list. It's always fun to go out with "da boys" and do some detecting. Maybe it's time for the Illinois/Wisconsin boys to make another road trip up your way?
  9. Full Metal Digger

    Anyone going to Digstock XII next week?

    Just wondering if anyone else will be in North Carolina for Digstock next week.
  10. Full Metal Digger

    Yardie Shield Nickel

    Thanks, Tony. Yes, it was with the Deus II. It rang up a faint 61 to 62 on the display.
  11. Full Metal Digger

    Yardie Shield Nickel

    Hello Diggers, I recently went door knocking in a new town and got a yes at an 1850's house. There weren't a lot of coins but the ones I did find were deep and old. I did manage this 1875 shield nickel (on my FOURTH pass). You don't often dig them with legible dates, so I was quite happy...
  12. Full Metal Digger

    Merry Christmas

    And a happy new year with lots of finds in 2026!
  13. Full Metal Digger

    What did you Guys think of the live stream for V4 software?

    I watched the show with great interest, but I don't feel like upgrading. I like my machine the way it is. I think I do okay. No one gets it all. One thing I thought was very interesting was the demonstration of the ferrous and non-ferrous targets side-by-side. One channel was in all metal...
  14. Full Metal Digger

    A Big UN

    What an AMAZING coin to find. Congratulations! You couldn't ask for a more perfect counterstamp! What were the other coins in the spill?
  15. Full Metal Digger

    Summer project.

    It's hard work but very rewarding! Well done.
  16. Full Metal Digger

    Earlier in 2025 gold

    It's a really nice find! Congratulations.
  17. Full Metal Digger

    Another Bronze Age Arrowhead

    Hello Diggers, On my recent trip to Germany, I was fortunate enough to find another Bronze Age arrowhead! This type has a secondary barb at the base to make it more difficult to remove from the wound. This type has been documented as being used at the Battle of Tollense Valley, 1250 B.C. It's...
  18. Full Metal Digger

    Bucket List Silver!

    Hello Diggers, On my recent detecting trip to England, I found an 1881 Queen Victoria Schilling! I was lucky enough to hunt on a friend's permission just north of London. He has access to about 4,000 acres of plowed fields and he invited me to go detecting with him. I was there for 4 days...
  19. Full Metal Digger

    Beautiful Hammered Silver Coin

    You are 100% correct, my friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
23,669
Messages
238,606
Members
3,848
Latest member
Heering80
Back
Top